Friday, September 21, 2012

Random Thoughts on Gender

A recommended read: tinyurl.com/9vc2xon

I'm now thinking about how I have heard so many women tell me that this is exactly why they don't have many male friends - that eventually all of them end up acting inappropriately towards them.  It makes me wonder why I have so many male friends (and so few female friends), and that I have never in my life had a male I consider a friend act like a creep towards me.

Sure, I've experienced my share of creeps... guys at work, friends of friends, classmates, family members (*shudder*)... but never a guy I consider my friend.  And no, it's not that a guy who acts creepy falls off the friend list and no longer counts... I've just never had it happen where someone I considered a friend ever failed me in that respect.

If you had asked me years ago, I probably would chalk it up to not being considered "sexy", and so my guy friends had me firmly placed in the "friend" or "one of the guys" category (especially given my interests), and not in the "sexual object" category in their brains.  But, I've also had several male friends admit to me that they very much do consider me in the "sexy" category.  I guess I'm just lucky that my male friends seem to lack "sexual object" categories... they're all "sensitive" as the author above postulates.


No comments:

Post a Comment